RNG Coalition Tudor Williams Academic Scholarship
The scholarship is available for employees of RNG Coalition member companies or partner organizations and their families (or referred applicants).
contribute to the rng coalition - tudor williams academic scholarship
The RNG Coalition - Tudor Williams Academic Scholarship was established in November 2017 to honor the late Tudor Williams, an RNG industry pioneer, innovator, engineer and developer who passed away on the last day of RNG 2016 - North America’s RNG Conference for Industry Executives.
Funded primarily by the RNG Coalition, the Scholarship is offered as an RNG Coalition membership benefit available for employees of RNG Coalition member companies or partner organizations and their families or sponsored applicants to encourage the pursuit of education and or higher education, including but not limited to Law, Environmental Studies, Renewable Energy, Energy Policy, Public Policy or Business Administration, Applied Science, Engineering, Communications or equivalent.
The Academic Scholarship Award(s) is expected to be awarded by March each year and is intended to help offset a portion of the awardees' academic expenses. Funds may be used for tuition, state fees, and/or stipends.
To be eligible and considered for the RNG Coalition’s Tudor Williams Academic Scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Be a U.S. or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
2. Be a family member or friend (sponsored) of an employee of an RNG Coalition member company or partner organization in good standing;
3. Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0;
4. Submit a complete Official Transcript
5. Submit a Letter of Reference from a non-family member
6. Submit a Letter of Recommendation from a family member or sponsoring friend who is an employee of an RNG Coalition member company or partner organization in good standing; and
7. Submit a one-page Application Essay a) confirming the applicant’s eligibility b) confirming their intended major, research or thesis and c) explaining why they should be awarded the RNG Coalition Tudor Williams Academic Scholarship.
To apply for the RNG Coalition Tudor Williams Academic Scholarship, please email a Letter of Recommendation and Application Essay to: info@RNGCoalition.com
Application deadline: 5:00 PM (Pacific time) on January 31, each year.
The Academic Scholarship is expected to be Awarded by March, each year.
Please contact the RNG Coalition’s Scholarship & Education Advisory Board at info@RNGCoalition.com or by calling 916.588.3033 with any questions on application procedures or how to contribute to the scholarship fund.