On October 10, the U.S. Department of Energy announced that Argonne National Labs has completed its GREET 2017 model and associated updates to the Alternative Fuel Life-Cycle Environmental and Economic Transportation (AFLEET) Tool.
This new version adds the ability to look at air pollutant emissions from well-to-wheel as it lets users evaluate not just “at-the-tailpipe” air pollutants, but also those arising from fuel production.
New AFLEET Tool Features include:
- Idle Reduction Calculator
- Low-NOx engine option for CNG and LNG heavy-duty vehicles
- Diesel in-use emissions multiplier sensitivity case
- Well-to-pump air pollutants
- Vehicle cycle petroleum use, GHGs, and air pollutants
- Renewable diesel vehicles
- Electric commercial trucks
- Updated biofuel and RNG feedstocks
View the AFLEET Tool updates and download the latest version HERE.